New Harris Teeter Shopping Center will be the Towne Square at Turf Valley
Just off Rt. 70 at Marriottsville Road next to the Encore Assisted Living Community a new Shopping Center is going in. Harris Teeter is planning to open early spring 2013 and from the sign up on Marriottsville Road they are taking applications for employment. My 15 year daughter informs me the web site says they are only taking applications for full time work unless you are a cake decorator. (I think this is her way of telling me she would like to get a real job soon…could a car be far behind?)
Do you know what else is going in the Town Square Shopping Center? Sam Mangione, owner of Turf Valley, advises that the center is about 75 to 80% rented so far and word is the following businesses have signed leases already.
- Petite Cellars, an upscale wine & spirits shop…Yea!!
- Facci Ristorante: Italian full service restaurant (there is one down off Rt. 29 near Maple Lawn near the JH APL office and It’s great. Their website says their address is Laurel)
- XTomate: authentic Mexican full service restaurant
- Blue Fish Steak & Grille: sports themed American food full service restaurant
- Yolavie: yogurt shop (not sure how all the yogurt places are going to survive for there are about 4 on Rt. 40 west of Rt. 29 already)
- Beauty Sense: nail salon
- Sport Clips: hair cuttery type
- Subway: complete with $5 foot long (well maybe 11 inch subs)
- Sparkle Cleaners: satellite store (owner has 3 additional locations)
If you know more, please leave a post or e-mail. As I hear more, I’ll let you know.